Driven by customer requests, we recently worked on a few areas in Prezly that will make your experience with our tool even better.
Google Analytics 4 📈
Prezly offers an integration with Google Analytics in order for you to get better insight on your audience and traffic, and measure the success of your comms. We've offered the option of adding Universal Analytics to newsrooms for quite some time, but now we have expanded the integration so that you can get the next generation Google Analytics 4, too (more about GA4 from Google Support).
You can use your "UA-" ID or "G-" ID for tracking of your newsroom:
Fast processing of big contacts list ⚡️
Prezly's performance is something that we are constantly work to improve, as we want to guarantee reliable and fast delivery service of your content, regardless of how many emails you're sending – whether it is one pitch or an email campaign with over 500k recipients.
Recently, we made upgrades to our app core functions, so that our customers who are sending campaigns to over 500k contacts don't experience a big delay while working on a campaign and can rest assured that large number of contacts will receive their email with no issues.
Newsroom themes 🎨
And just a small reminder that we're working on new Prezly themes. All you need to do is go to your Newsroom settings to see which theme – labelled "Active" – is currently being used.
Spoiler alert: there will be more themes to choose from soon!
We’re introducing Story Styles for emails, which allows you to choose how your stories look when they’re added to Campaigns or Pitches.
Previously, when adding Stories to Campaigns or Pitches, the stories would be displayed in the colors that you set up for your newsroom. But now, you can go into the Branding page in your Newsroom Settings and set custom colors for the story’s background, title, links, and text specifically for emails.
You can now log in to multiple Prezly accounts using your one email and password, and switch between them without having to do the run-of-the-mill work of logging out and back in again.
Let's say you're a freelance PR professional and your clients are Airbnb, Amazon, Medium and Nike. You can now ask them to invite you to their licenses simply by sending an invitation to the email address you use for Prezly from their Manage team pages – no special workflow.
After you accept their invitations, you will see those separate licenses in your user menu and be able to switch from account to account in a matter of seconds!
Give it a try!
- Once you’ve been invited to another account, click on your name or avatar on the top right corner of Prezly (the user menu).
- Select the account you would like to work in.
- When you have switched to another account, you will see a green notification bar confirming that the switch has been made. Simples!
Fixes & Improvements:
- Added language/culture field to coverage
- Added country field to coverage
- Replaced existing types (file vs online) with 'real' media types: tv, radio, online, social and print
- Allow integrations (Belga, RSS Feed, Knewin, Kantar) to provide the information source
- Link to the right page in the respective integration
- Improved thumbnail detection of coverage
- Coverage icons now display the type (video vs file vs audio)
- Updated coverage SDK
- Added filters (sidebar + filter menu) to coverage grid
When you’ve put together your story and would like to have a final look before you hit publish, click on the “Preview” button and a story preview will open in a new tab. The story preview has its own URL, which can come in handy when sharing the preview with teammates, just to make sure the story gets the green light before it goes live on your newsroom.
When your credit card expires or if you simply wish to use a different credit card for your Prezly subscription, you can update your payment method anytime on the Billing information page under your Organization settings.
Click on "Update card" and the rest is easy! A form will appear on the right side of your screen, where you can enter and save your new credit card details.
There was a bug around the Newsroom information part of our Newsroom Settings that didn't allow users to make or save any changes to the text in their boilerplate. It affected all accounts, but we are glad to say that it has been fixed and the boilerplate editor is up and running!
During the summer months, we worked on ways to make Prezly even faster. We're always looking at speed of our application and making sure it's up to speed whether you're sending a pitch to one person or a campaign to all of your contacts.
Here's a list of things we improved:
- Faster email processing From sending to getting report events, such as opened, replied, and undelivered stats
- Faster loading for the contact list sidebar There's always a ton of information we crunch before displaying them on the left sidebar of the Contacts page, such as segments, subscribed or unsubscribed, as well as bounced filters. Now, the sidebar loads much faster!
Other improvements and fixes
- We've added a newsrooms page where you can have a clear overview of your online and archived newsrooms in a separate table, as well as delete archived newsrooms when you wish to do a little housekeeping.
- Improve UI for creating and editing newsroom (multi-language) categories
- Fixed bug with contact enrichment in sidebar, date wasn't always updating correctly
- Improved a preview text shown in Gmail
Over the last couple of months, we've been working on expanding the types of team member permissions. The latest permission we've added is for deciding whether or not your team member is allowed to create new newsrooms.
You can see all the user permission options on the Manage team section of your Organization Settings. Just click on a teammate to check their profile and access to Prezly.
You may have noticed we’ve been buzzing a lot about Newsroom Themes in the last couple of months. We’ve already released our source code for our Open Newsroom Themes, which enables customers with the dev resources to fully customize and build on top of their Prezly newsrooms.
Now we’re very excited to announce that any Prezly user can create stylish newsrooms on top of templates found in your Newsroom Settings, no developer experience required.
You can now find Newsroom Themes in your Newsroom Settings. Choose different Themes to transform the style of your newsroom so it’s a perfect fit for any industry.
The previous "Look & Feel" settings allowed you to customize your newsroom’s colors, fonts, and layout. Themes takes that concept a step further by giving you the option to switch between different newsroom templates in just a few clicks.
Today we introduced 3 themes for all of our users but there are more to come soon, so keep an eye on the Themes settings in your account! 👀
- Fixed 'import failed' screen being shown while fixing conflicts
- Updated link to duplicated contacts from import summary
- Replace 'send pitch' and 'store coverage' on contact view page
- Improve autosaving of pitch to pitch drafts
- Prevent using custom sender addresses for Canceled trials
- Fixed bug with save warning on newsroom boilerplate
- Improved of recently uploaded images throughout Prezly
- Fixed sender addresses dropdown overflow
- Fixed case where Coverage preview image was not working
- Add (Global) labels to global versions of multi-country locales: ar, de, es, fr, en, nl, pt
- Hide region names in newsroom language switcher if possible
- Fixed case where newsroom logo would be unset while changing look and feel settings
- Various WCAG compliance fixes on newsrooms
Prezly users a located all over the world, so we constantly monitor and update a list of languages that we support. Here are some of the latest updates regarding languages:
- We introduced Global label for languages that have more local variations. So now you can find for example French (Global) and French (France) in our language settings.
- Global Arabic locale ar has been added
- UAE Arabic locale ar_AE has been renamed to Arabic (UAE) (formerly was Arabic)
- Global Spanish es locale has been added
- Spanish (Spain) locale es_ES has been renamed to Spanish (Spain) (formerly was Spanish)
Additionally, the newsroom language picker is now "smarter" – it does not display region in your language selection menu when the full name is not really needed. For example, in a newsroom with Dutch (Belgium) and French (Belgium) languages, in the language selection menu you will just see Dutch and French. However in a newsroom with French (France) and French (Canada) we will display their full names.
We released the new Languages page in Newsroom Settings. This update was built to improve the way our users pick or add languages to their newsrooms, as well as how to manage newsroom languages.
To sum up:
- Selecting languages for your newsroom is more straightforward with an "Add language" button
- Adding more newsroom languages is now easier, as you can select more than one language from the dropdown
- Changing your default language now means that your stories get moved to the new default with one click
- We recently added support for more languages for our users to select
- The Languages page is 100% mobile friendly!
Go and have a look! If you have feedback or questions about this update, feel free to email us at email@example.com or start a conversation with us in our in-app chat.
We have just released a new 'newsroom branding' settings page. This update provides more flexibility around the look & feel of your newsroom which is important for the upcoming themes project.
By breaking up the previous page into 'Branding' and 'Theme' settings your logo (and maybe later brand colors) are untouched while experimenting or previewing upcoming themes.
- Improved panel spacing on story edit
- Reorganised newsroom settings sidebar menu
- Added information panel from Look & Feel page with shortcut to branding settings
- Story Preview improvements
- Warn about outdated/unsaved changes
- Show preview iframe even if the newsroom was custom built/self-hosted
- Auto size the preview panel to get rid of one scrollbar
- Fixed display of image captions for all versions of outlook
- Fixed issue where the organisation settings sidebar was displayed on new accounts
- Improved alphabetical sorting of newsrooms (case sensitivity)
- Fixed spacing around panels on story edit page
- Add new culture fr-LU (French Luxembourg)
- Fixed a bug where newsroom cache was not refreshed on boilerplate update
This improvement has been in the pipeline for a while and long-awaited by a number of users. Previously, the search stopped at just 25 tags even when there are more. With the new update, all your tags will show, from start to finish.
If you’re new to Prezly, then you might not see how this might help you just yet. But for those who have been using Prezly for quite some time, and have accumulated hundreds – possibly thousands – of tags, then you’ll definitely notice the difference.
If you have more than one newsroom in your account, the Newsroom Picker allows you to switch between newsrooms when publishing stories or updating newsroom settings. Its new look is designed to make it easier to find, manage, and create newsrooms.
Clicking the little gear or book icon in the Newsroom Picker takes you to the Newsroom Settings and Stories grid respectively, making it quicker and easier to navigate.
We're bringing more updates to our newsroom settings. Today we released a new and shiny 'Contacts' section where you create and manage your newsroom contact cards.
- Better overview of contact(s) in a table
- Create a contact in a side panel
- Pick an image for a contact card
- Visibility settings allows you to show a contact on your newsroom homepage or not
Other improvements and fixes
- Filtering by tags now shows all your tags no matter how many you have
- Improved validation messages in forms
Managing categories in your newsroom just got a lot easier! The overall interface has changed. Here is what's new:
- Create categories in the sidebar
- Quickly switch between languages to translate
- Increase number of characters allowed in both category title and description
- Warning if you are about to lose unsaved changes
- Better overview of the translations of a category
- Quick link to all stories that have that category
Other improvements and fixes
- Added a 'get help' section on newsroom > company information
- Add trial badge to main navigation indicating the status/expiration of a trial
- Small UI fix (misalignment + label) to team mates page
- Update help text in campaign composer status indicators
- Fixed bug where uploaded files in story editor were not always saved
- Fixed bug that prevents some accounts from creating a newsroom (ACL error)
We made it easier to discover on which newsroom your contacts (un)subscribe from. Once you've filtered your contacts by the "Unsubscribed" rule, there are two quick ways to see which newsroom(s) your contact has unsubscribed from:
1. Hover over the red warning icon next to the contact
2. Hover over the yellow Unsubscribed tag on the Contact Preview
- Fixed the date and time picker and scheduler in the Story Editor for smaller screens
- 'Esc' button can be used to close modal window after publishing a Story
- API documentation updates on Story Editor (see API here)
- Fixed the issue with language labels in the newsroom showing in the incorrect language instead of the default language
Over the last weeks we have been working on the overall interaction, design and functionality of the newsroom settings pages. Today we launched a big update to newsroom settings.
- Improved the form to edit/update company information
- Newsrooms with multiple languages now have an overview of which parts of the newsroom have been translated
- Warnings when content is about to be lost
- Quick link to all stories in that language
- Add TikTok accounts to your newsroom
- Shortcut to Language settings
- Story Edit: Updated the date picker in story edit
- Story Edit: Fixed bug where date picker was under other elements of the page
- Story Edit: Escape now closes the story published modal
- Teammates page: Trigger sidebar on clicking team mate name
- Improve routing of custom newsrooms
- Speed up provisioning of SSL certificates when creating a newsroom
- Speed up provisioning of CDN when creating a newsroom
- Newsroom settings: Improve timezone dropdown
- Newsroom settings: Remove search in date format
- Contact importing: Better validation of column mapping during import
- Fixed bug where newsroom overview would not be updated after archiving newsroom
Today we're rolling out a new teammates page which features more granular permissions and better visibility into the usage (join date, last login) of your account.
The new teammates overview replaces, improves and consolidates information from what was previously teammates listing and privacy settings.
Changes & Improvements
- Easier to invite new users
- New permissions:
- Creating sender address
- Managing other teammates
- Easier to lock accounts to a single or multiple newsrooms
- Privacy notifications (toggle on/off) are now part of team member settings
- Suspended/Disabled accounts now go in a second list
- Order team listing by joined date, last seen or name
Country and organisation can now be displayed in any contact list in Prezly. Toggle it on by using the 'display columns' button.
Other fixes and improvements
- Fixed bug where updating password would not always save
- Allow lists in newsroom boilerplate
- Teammates page:
- Make 'edit teammate' button easier to find
- Remove 'disabled' flag from teammates for suspended accounts
- Newsroom API now lists all logos (square, favicon and main logo)
- Added 'joined at' column to teammates page indicating the time the account was created
Save time on having to type in your login details and password, and just sign in with Google. Hey, every second saved counts!
When you and your team sign up for Prezly, by default, all team members have the same full access to all the newsrooms, features, and settings across the Prezly account. But you can also limit a team member's access to only specific parts of the account to prevent any unwanted or accidental changes in your content, contacts, or settings.
In our latest update, we've added two more permissions to the list:
- Limit users from being able to add custom sender addresses
- Limit users to send campaigns or pitches in Prezly
Update your team permissions now. Click here →
🚦This feature is only available for Premium or Enterprise plans. If you wish to activate this, please contact us via the in-app messenger.
So, here's the backstory...
One of Prezly's users was searching for the "Email" column, but we had labeled it as "E-mail(s)" and needless to say, this search implementation didn't work as well there as we thought it would. But hey, trial and error, right? :-)
Taking in this feedback, we decided to improve the way our users find and select their filters with match-highlighting. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
When you paste content that is copied from a Word document, all the images, headings, bullet-point lists will stay in place, meaning you won't have to make any formatting adjustments once your content is in the Campaign Composer. More good news: the same goes for Prezly Stories.
We’ve simplified the way selecting multiple Contacts works. From now on, Prezly will reset the selection to 0 when you navigate to a different filter view or when you enter a new search term, such as a contact's first name.
How it worked before
Previously, when you selected contacts using the checkbox function, they would remain selected even when you navigated away to a different part of your CRM or changed the view filter. While this seemed helpful at first, we quickly realized that it could be confusing – especially if you have a large contacts database.
So, what does this new update mean?
From today, your selection will be reset whenever you apply a new filter or enter a new search. This means that if you’re performing an action – such as adding Contacts to a Campaign, applying Tags, or exporting Contacts – you’ll need to make sure to complete that action before changing your filter view. This is the same behavior as you’ll find in other everyday tools, such as Gmail, so we hope you’ll find it more straightforward and intuitive to use. 🤩
Now, it is also easier to copy text and images from a webpage and paste it into an Email Campaign or a Pitch. When pasting content from a webpage or a Google Doc, Prezly tries its best to keep the text, formatting (bold, italics, underline, subscript, or superscript), images, and links intact.
Alternatively, if you and your team have collaborated on a Google Doc and you’d like to get the content into Prezly, you can simply copy text and images from the Google Doc and paste it into the editor.
☝️Note This improvement is only available in Campaign and Pitch Editors. We are currently working on getting this ready for the Story Editor.
You can now drag and drop any files into the editor from your computer. When you drag an image file and drop it into the Campaign or Pitch Editor, and Story Editor, the file will show as an actual image. But when you drag other files, like a Word document or a PDF, for example, they will show as attachments.
We've updated the search input in Prezly's page header to make it easier to search for your contacts or content! ✨
You can now see how many search results we find divided by sections, and clicking on a search result will bring you straight to the Contact, Story, Campaign, Coverage, or Newsroom. However, clicking on a Contact Note in the search results will not bring you directly to the Contact Note page – this is something we're still working on. 🙂
We added 'Preview' and 'Export' buttons to Step 3 of our Campaign Composer, where you review your recipients for a final look before you send or schedule your campaign:
When you hover over a contact in your recipients list, you'll see a little 'Preview' button next to their names. Clicking on 'Preview' will show you what the campaign will look like to your contacts once they've opened the email.
Some of our users mentioned it would be really helpful to be able to export contacts from a campaign before sending it, so we've added an 'Export' button that allows you to export and download contacts straight into an Excel file. ⚡️
This is especially useful for PR agencies that run separate newsrooms for each of their many clients, as well as larger companies that have multiple newsrooms for localization, internal comms, the company blog and more.
When editing a contact's information, you don't need to go back and forth between different tabs anymore. Now, you can easily edit your contacts from within the Contacts Grid or anywhere in Prezly that allows you to open a Contact Preview. Clicking on "Edit Person" opens up the Edit Contact form, helping you save time by editing contacts on the spot.
We also notify you if you have unsaved changes, so you can be sure that you don't lose any newly added contact information!
Every second counts! When you need to log in quickly and don't want to risk mistyping your password, you can opt to sign in using SSO. ⚡️
We've improved the email preview for email campaigns and pitches! You can now see the full email in your Campaigns grid without having to leave the page. A time saver!
Previously, sharing a quote from a story to social media required the manual "Select" + "Copy" + "Paste" before you could share the post on your profile.
Now, once you've published a story and its 'Visibility' is set to Public, you can select any text and share the text directly to your Twitter or Facebook account as a post.
We decided it was time our campaign composer had a revamp. So, we came up with a newer, better version of our email composer – same functionality, but easier, faster and more up to speed with the times! 🚀
You might not see this in your account yet, as we're rolling this out gradually to ensure we don't miss anything. If you're interested in giving the new campaign composer a little test round, drop us a message and we'll enable it for you.
You can now specify the number of rows per page you want to see in a Prezly listing.
Sharing coverage with your contacts by email used to be a painfully tedious task. So, we've made it easier to share more than one coverage item at a time using Email Campaigns or Pitches.
- Select the items you want to share. You can use the sidebar filters on the left or the filter form above coverage items.
- Click on Campaign or Pitch. The coverage item(s) is automatically added under the email body.
- Personalise your email or add some text in the email body above the coverage item.
- Select recipients and send or schedule your campaign!
This will allow you to use Prezly as a coverage reporting tool for both external or internal stakeholders.
With the new Coverage feature, you can easily upload, manage and report all your media clippings and press coverage from your campaigns.
On top of that, you can also share the buzz around your coverage by adding them to your targeted email campaigns.
The coverage feature is rolling out gradually to all expert clients. Once it's enabled you will see a `Coverage` item in the top of the navigation.
If you are interested in trying this feature earlier, drop us a message.
To ensure that the emails you send from Prezly always show up in your contacts mailboxes it's important to verify your sending domain (documentation). Unfortunately that setup is not that easy if you're not familiar with DNS records and their control panels.
We made it easier to get the IT department to help you. On the sender domain page you will now find a `share instructions` button that enables you to send very specific instructions for anyone helping with the setup.
The email will contain a link to a public instructions page (auto expires after 7 days) that will allow anyone without a Prezly account to set-up the records and run a status check.
After adding the records and clicking the `run status check` the records will turn green and there will be clear instructions that the setup is now complete.
Use the new buttons in the Prezly image uploader to apply the filename as the image name.
We have added a new configuration menu where you can customize which columns you can see and in what order. This is a per-device configuration which will not affect what your colleagues see in Prezly.
Toggle column's visibility with the checkbox. Hide information which you don't need.
Drag & drop columns to change their order. You decide what's most important.
And it's all mobile-friendly!
We have rolled out a few changes that we believe will make it easier to find information in the contact, story and campaign overviews.
No need to scroll the entire page to find that horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the page. 💡 Use your primary (or secondary) mousewheel to move down or right to find extra information.
For all you Excel fans 🤔 out there: Freeze columns.
From now on when you're scrolled to the right or bottom we will always show the most important information highlighting the record on that row, and which column you're looking at.
Adding tags one by one takes more time out of your work day than it should, which is why we’ve come up with a quicker way to manage your tags. From mass tagging and untagging to easily managing tags on a contact level this update will have you saving time and keeping your contacts database more organised.
We worked on a bulk untagging feature. All you have to do is select the contacts you'd like to remove a tag(s) from, then click on the "More" button above the list.
Then, once you've clicked on "Remove Tags," you can specifically choose which tags you would like to remove from your selected contacts.
We have deployed an update that makes it easier to update contact tags. First of all we're now showing the tags within the contact listing. Contacts with too many tags will have a shortcut to see all tags in the sidebar.
The tagging component to manage the assigned contact tags got a lot better:
- showing tags already enabled
- quick search/highlighting
- keyboard shortcuts
- easily add new contacts
Give it a try
Want to send a campaign to another contact (previously `resend`) or use the content of this email campaign and send it to another list ?
Click the send to button right top to create a quick pitch or duplicate the email campaign.
The page you're reading now is part of our new changelog. We have launched a new section that allows everyone using Prezly to discover what has changed within Prezly.
New features, important bug fixes or general improvements will be posted in a timeline that can be accessed from the help section (question mark right top).
You can now search for Contact Pitches in the main search (in the header)!
- clicking a draft pitch will open up a modal to edit the pitch (and send it!)
- clicking a sent pitch will open up a modal to preview the pitch
Here are the changes
Easy access to documentation + overview of what the upload box can do
- Ordering icons to reorder the images in gallery
- Crop/remove icons to remove individual images from gallery
- Information hint on image galleries for quick access to image organisation panel
There are now 5 image sizes for media galleries instead of 3. We have removed the size slider in favour of explicit buttons:
We have improved the way data is ordered on overviews and made it easier to spot and change the sorting order.
The recommended sort order does depend on the page and sidebar filters applied.
- Last modified when filtering for drafts
- Scheduled Date when filtering for scheduled campaigns
- Sending Date when filtering for sent campaigns
- Relevance when user filters using search term
- and so on
Ordering can be changed using the dropdown `sort by` on the right or by clicking column headers on the overview.
On the campaign report you will now find a visual overview of the performance of your campaign.
In addition we have replaced the performance columns in contact and campaign grids by % allowing you to find your best or worst performing campaigns. Moving your mouse over a column shows the absolute numbers.
The campaign picker modal has got a brand new look! This feature will help you quickly create a campaign from the contact overview or a campaign report.
The new modal comes with a fresh look, keyboard navigation, autofocus, empty states with links do our documentation, and improved error handling.
You can see this modal when you create a campaign base on selected contacts in contacts grid and on a campaign report.
It is now possible to access campaign report of a scheduled campaign and see recipients.
Recently we've had some questions about changing the layout of gallery images in the New Story Editor. It turns out that not many people are aware that the order of uploaded images affects the layout and ordering can be changed in the upload modal.
The more images a gallery has, and more they vary in aspect ratios, the more this feature should be useful ⭐️
Today we have released what we call the `pitches overview`. It is similar to the list of email campaigns but shows all the individual emails you have sent with with contacts in your database.
In that overview you can see all the pitches sent by you and your colleagues and discover who opened, clicked or replied.
Please contact us if you have questions or idea's.