Supported file formats & size limits for media
See the types of files and images that we support and the size limit for your Newsroom, Media Gallery, and Story embeds
In Prezly you can easily add multiple images to your stories, allowing them to be more content-rich. Below you can find some guidelines on what formats and sizes we support.
You can upload all major file types, such as PDF, PPT, Keynote, ZIP, MP3, WAV, DOC, etc.
Each attachment can be up to 720MB.
You can upload JPG, GIF, or PNG images.
Each image file can be up to 25MB.
Every image needs to be at most 3000 pixels wide & 3000 pixels high. For constraints on minimum dimensions - see below.
- This is the image that will be displayed at the top of your full story, also the image that will be added in your email campaign. Read more.
- It needs to be at least 1108 pixels wide. No constraint on minimum height (but it's recommended not to use an image that is too tall that will make the text of the story go below the fold, i.e. people will have to scroll before they can see the text, which can be easily missed).
- This is the image that will identify the story inside your newsroom and on socials when you share it. Read more.
- It needs to be at least 1024 pixels wide. No constraint on minimum height.
Images inside a story
- No constraints on minimum dimensions
- For GIFs, we recommend no more than 6 seconds and a max. of 8 MB to ensure it displays well for your recipients and doesn't eat up too much data if they are viewing your story using a mobile device.
Go to your newsroom settings and choose "branding" from the sidebar on the left to edit the logos and colours that appear in your newsroom.
Newsroom main logo
- This is the image that will be displayed in the header in your newsroom. Read more about setting up your newsroom
- Logo image should preferably have a transparent background for better results
- No margins around the logo
- Be at least 100px high for better results
- Be 300 pixels wide max
- Preferable filetype: PNG/SVG
💡 Pro tip: If you have your logo as an SVG file, use that instead – it will look crisp whatever size your display :)
- Your square logo will be used in places where it better fits the format, such as for sharing and preview icons
- Should be a 1:1 image larger than 400px
- Preferable filetype: PNG/SVG
- Check the box beneath the uploader to use this image as your newsroom's favicon icon too (that's the little image that appears in the toolbar of your browser)
- Do not have an overly long logo
- Logos should not include small or hard to read text
- Do not include small, hard to read text in a Square logo
💡 Pro tip: If you require help with your logos, reach out to your graphic designer or get in touch with us and we can make adjustments for you.
Story style in campaigns and pitches
Use these settings to choose how your stories display in campaigns and pitches
Choose "newsroom media" from your newsroom settings sidebar to upload galleries of images to your newsroom. You can control the visibility settings for each gallery you upload, as well as define things like captions.
- No limit on the number of images
- No specific constraints on image dimensions
For more information on Bea Theme images and dimensions, check out this help page