In 2016, the European Commission approved and adopted the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We can confirm that Prezly will comply with the GDPR when it becomes enforceable on May 25, 2018.
The GDPR’s updated requirements are significant and our team is working to bring Prezly’s product offerings and contractual commitments in line so customers can prepare themselves before May 25, 2018. Measures to achieve this include:
- Ensuring all contacts have the right to be forgotten
- Export tools to support requests about a digital copy of personal data
- Double-opt in for new contacts
- Making sure we have the appropriate contractual terms in place.
- Changing our policies and product offerings to include new tools for data portability and data management
- Continuing to invest in our security infrastructure
Customers have requested tools to help them comply with the GDPR. And we’re happy to say that over the next few months, we’ll be building Data Portability Solutions and Data Management tools. Information about the features and functionalities of these tools will be shared with you within your account as it becomes available.
Fulfilling our privacy and data security commitments is important to us. So we’re glad to help you prepare for all the changes the GDPR brings.
If you have any questions about how Prezly can help you with compliance, we hope you’ll reach out to us.
Last updated: 1st of April 2018