Customize your story's SEO settings right within Prezly
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a great way to get new viewers through the formidable power of the major search engines. With Prezly, you can change key SEO settings within the app to ensure that major search engines can index your sites and stories.
A few notes about Prezly SEO settings:
- SEO optimization is only available for Premium & Enterprise plans
- SEO settings are only available for sites and stories using our new themes
To change your site's SEO settings, go to the site you'd like to change and click SEO settings under Settings.
- Search engine visibility - Your content is visible and indexable by the search engines by default. To prevent this, toggle this off.
- Google Search Console - If you'd like to track your search analytics, add your HTML tag, which can be found here.
- Meta tag and description - Change how your site looks on search engines by customizing the meta title and description and the language.
To change your story's SEO settings, open the editor sidebar menu and click SEO settings.
- Meta title - Customize how the meta title will look on the search engines.
- Meta description - Set an SEO-optimized meta description for your story.
- Canonical link - If your story was previously published elsewhere, add a canonical link to avoid SEO issues. A canonical link is used when two or more web pages have the same (or very similar) content. Indicating a canonical link helps the search engines group similar pages together and points the search engine toward whichever link you'd prefer it to index (aka, the canonical page). Learn more about canonical links here.
If you have any questions about our SEO settings, please reach out to email@example.com!