The importance of a VAT number if you're based in Europe
Value Added Tax (VAT) applies to all countries part of the EU (and other European countries). According to the European Commission, "Conversely imports are taxed to keep the system fair for EU producers so they can compete on equal terms on the European market with suppliers outside the Union." Learn more here.
While adding your details on the Billing page, you'll come across a field where you can enter your VAT number. Please note that this doesn't apply to all Prezly accounts.
If you think this applies to you, read on for more info.
As a European business, we need to take VAT into account. Since we're Belgian-based, that means our VAT is 21% (on top of the monthly fee).
We charge VAT
- if you're based in Belgium
- if you're based in Europe and CANNOT provide a VAT number
We don't charge VAT
- if you're based outside of Europe
- if you're based in the UK
- if you're based in Europe and can provide a valid VAT number (this is VAT reverse charge)
If you haven't inserted your VAT number at the start of your license or when it changes, you can easily insert or adapt it in Prezly.
- Simply click on your name at the top right corner
- Click Organization
- On the right side, under Billing & subscriptions, click Billing
- Here you can enter your VAT number under Billing information on the Billing page.
You can leave this blank if you're not currently based in Europe.
Click on the support icon or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.